Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Inspired by Siobhan Dowd


Hi again! Long time, no write! ha-ha  The ninth book is A Monster Calls written by Patrick Ness. He actually got the idea from Siobhan Dowd who had passed away before she could put this idea into book form. I absolutely loved this book! I started reading it today, and I couldn't put it down. I thought it would be  scarier judging by the cover, but it wasn't even close to scary. The novel does deal with cancer, which hit at home with me because of family members. Although, I think it would hit at home with anyone. My favorite character was the Monster, because he was so wise and had a way with words that I found myself saving some of his lines to go back and reflect on or use during a rough time. Also, Ness added pictures throughout the novel, and they were placed strategically that they really flowed with the story. I would give this book a 4.5 out of 5. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone. It's definitely an unforgettable story that leaves you thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment