Friday, February 22, 2013

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


Hi everyone!! I hope everyone has been staying safe and warm during this crazy weather. You have to admit though, the snow is pretty. Anyway, the seventh book is Water for Elephants written by Sara Gruen. I actually began this novel about a month ago on my Kindle Fire, and I just couldn't get myself to pick it up and read. Thinking back on it, I think the way the book was set up on my Kindle it made it seem like it was a never-ending novel. However, I requested a physical book from my library, and I had it sitting around for awhile and I finally decided to pick it up. Once I started reading it again, I was able to finish it in a matter of a couple of hours. I loved how Gruen wrote through her characters. The story was humorous, and I found myself laughing out loud at some parts. On the flip side, some of the "scenes," if you may, were a tad inappropriate, but they went right along with the plot line. While reading this novel, I caught myself thinking "I really want to see how the movie compares to this book." So guess who gets to have a movie night soon?! Overall I loved Water for Elephants and on a scale from 1-5 I would definitely give it a 4.5. ( I changed the rating scale because 1-5 just seemed way more concise than 1-10) If any of you have read Water for Elephants or have seen the movie please leave a comment saying what you thought about either one or both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment