Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reading Habits Tag

Reading Habits Tag

~ The Reading Habits Tag originated on YouTube, and was created by BethJune327. You can visit her video and her channel here! ~


I came across this tag on A & C Book Junkies blog. 

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I usually read in my room either on the floor up against this back pillow I have, or on my bed. My bed is way more comfortable of the two places. Spring and summer is when I read outside, but there has to be a slight breeze going on or otherwise it's uncomfortable especially when it's like 95 degrees out. 

2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?

I usually use one of my bookmarks that I have laying around, but I have been known to use other things to hold my place. I have used (clean) Kleenex, straw wrappers, pencils, paperclip, toothpick, plastic fork, ribbon...the list goes on. 

3. Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc.?

I can stop reading after every two chapters, preferably after I have finished an even number chapter. If the chapters are really long, and are broken up by large spaces or four dots or something then I usually stop at one of those breaks no matter if it's an odd or even chapter/page. 

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

That involves multi-tasking, so no. Even when I do drink or eat while I read, I either spill something on my book or I eat or read extremely slow.

5. Can you read while listening to music/watching TV.

Easily, especially if my dad is watching a football game or golf. If it's just me watching TV, I'll sometimes read during the commercials, but I usually don't. I can't have music playing directly in my room, but if it was in a different room then that's fine. I can read in the car with the radio on, so I don't know. I'm weird what can I say?

6. One book at a time, or several at once?

I tend to start several at a time, but then my focus usually is drawn to just one. I prefer to read one novel at time now, because it's easier to remember since my schedule has come so hectic. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I read everywhere. I have a book with me at all times. It's also my justification for investing in bigger purses (Shhh...). I read at restaurants, basketball games, football games, in the car, before appointments, before classes, literally everywhere. 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

When I was younger I would pretend I was teaching a class when I would read out loud. I read out loud now when I'm trying not to fall asleep, but I know I have to read this article or whatever for class for the next day. Otherwise, I prefer reading in my head, because reading is my quiet time to relax. 

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

Never. Even when the book is horrible, I will force myself to finish it. I think there have only been two books that I have never finished due to my dislike for them. Several years ago, I went through this phase where I would get halfway through the book, and then read the last page of the novel. I don't know why, but I started doing it and then I stopped out of the blue. 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

I like the look books have when they are new, but sometimes you don't mean to break the spine. It just kind of happens. To me, broken spines means the book has been well loved so I don't mind them too much. 

11. Do you write in books?

I prefer not too, but several of my teachers want us to annotate in our novels as we complete the reading assignments. Outside of books for school I do not write in books. I feel like it's disrespecting the books. I'll sometimes place a post-it note on a page if I want to come back and write down a quote or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment